Friday, December 14, 2012

Perspective

Our world is full of surprises. A lot of them are amazing and wonderful and inspiring and beautiful. Some of them are sad and scary and make us doubt each other and feel so helpless and angry. Hearing about the tragedy in Connecticut this morning made me sick for our world and for those whose time in it has been cut so short . 

This owl paid Joey and I a visit while we were on a hike in Washington and I literally froze. It was so beautiful and mysterious. She let us hang around under her perch and stared us straight in the eyes. It was haunting and magical and a moment that I will never forget. Today I am thankful for moments like this one and the wonders of our world. And I am especially grateful for this chance to be alive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment